APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR NOVA SCOTIA:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older by the date of registration.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applicants must provide two suitable recent colour photographs (passport-style).
- Applicants must provide a typed essay outlining their reasons for applying to Nova Scotia and any additional information relevant to their application.
- Applicants must have graduated from a CCEC recognized chiropractic institution.
- Applicants must have successfully completed CCEB knowledge-based examination.*
- Applicants must have successfully demonstrated clinical competency by obtaining a pass mark on the Clinical Skills Examination (CSE) which is known as CCEB Component C administered for the NSCC by the CCEB.*
- Applicants must fully complete and forward the prescribed application form and applicable fee with all supporting documentation to the Admission Officer by the deadline indicated or at least 14 days before the Jurisprudence examination can be written.
*Applicants who have sat these examinations and are currently awaiting results may apply to the NSCC and registration will be withheld pending the outcomes of the CCEB exams. Registration will be offered after completion of the above and successful completion of the Jurisprudence Examination.
*Applicants who due to COVID-19 pandemic examinations postponement were not able to complete all components of the CCEB examinations may be offered provisional licensure while awaiting an examination writing opportunity. Full details on provisional licensure is located here.
When all requirements have been completed the applicant will receive an offer of registration and proceed as outlined below. Successful candidates who do not wish to practice upon completion of the requirements, should be aware that the CCEB Component C results are only valid for a one (1) year period.
Download the NSCC Application form here.
Immigrating to Nova Scotia?
Already in Nova Scotia?
For Further Information:
Please Contact our Registration Officer:
Catherine Chapman, Registration Officer
Tel: (902) 407-4255